SureFire® – V1-C
The V1-C Vampire is a combat-ready, handheld light that provides red light and infrared illumination, for use with night vision devices, with no IR filter required. Its innovative V-Series head contains both a red and infrared LED, which are covered with a Total Internal Reflection lens that focuses the LED’s output for a far-reaching IR beam. The red LED output is reduced to minimize beam detection and to also preserve scotopic (night time) vision when reading a map or navigating in darkness. To switch between red light, infrared, and system-disable mode (to prevent accidental activation), simply twist the self-locking bezel selector, knurled for a secure grip. Once the light spectrum has been set, partially press or click the tailcap switch, which is shrouded to prevent accidental activation, for either .4 lumens of low-level red light or 100 mW of non-visible (to the naked eye) infrared illumination. The V1-C’s ultra-compact body, which houses its sophisticated electronics and the single 123A battery that powers the light, is constructed of lightweight aerospace aluminum that’s Mil-Spec hard anodized and O-ring/gasket sealed for maximum durability and weatherproofing. For sheer versatility, portability, and red light and infrared capability, the V1-C Vampire is second to none.
- Virtually indestructible red and infrared LEDs regulated to maximize output and runtime
- TIR lens shapes red or IR light into focused beam with ample reach and surround light for close- to medium-range applications
- On-the-fly bezel switching between red light, infrared, and disable mode; no IR filter required
- Constructed of high-strength aerospace aluminum with Mil-Spec anodizing; stainless steel pocket clip; coated, tempered window
- Weatherproof — O-ring and gasket sealed
- Powered by a single energy-dense 123A battery with 10-year shelf life